Monday, November 15, 2010

Poems I submitted to the Nancy Thorp Poetry Contest



He=It

Left
Left me here
I cried
I wanted it
Him
Not to go
It left
Never to come back
Did it see?
Can it see?
Did it realize?
I wanted to leave
Leave and never come back with it
Fly through the sky like they did
Fly like they did in already take me there
Listen to the songs with it
Move from place to place
Knowing there will be a let down
That oh so beautiful letdown
Waiting for me
It left
I said nothing
No protest
No fight
I didn’t even try
It left
It left me with that one moment
Its smile
Its breath
The smell of gum
The dislike of jolly ranchers
Brown eyes
Brown hair
Gone
Maybe
Maybe next time
I’ll dare to move
Ask it not to leave
Stay a little longer
Before it leaves for greatness
For the chance to play
I never knew
How could I
It never told
I never asked
And it left
And I’m proud
Proud of it
Proud of me
And this pride will tear me down
Every picture already does
Every reminder of its existence
Brings me so close to insanity
The tears the laughs
So much closer to insanity
If its there then I want to be to
So much closer to my sanity
It’s an obsession almost
You could say that
I pray every day
And it brings me so much closer to my sanity

Beauty

Human Beauty
thrown in a batch
mixed together
with a hint of God
just a hint
imagine Human Beauty
with more than a hint
already so beautiful
and then more
unimaginable
beauty so great
its only purpose
is to be seen
to remain untouched
beauty so great
the need to touch is unnecessary
the only thing needed
wanted
is to see
and to look
to see illustrious beauty
Inhumanly Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment